AA Euro Healthcare
AA Euro Healthcare are seeking an experienced Head of Human Resources with the proven ability to manage within a healthcare sector based in Kilcullen, Co. Kildare.
The Head of HR is operationally responsible for the Human Resource service reporting directly to the CEO. You will work hand in hand with Service Managers and the Heads of Department across the service in guiding and providing leadership. You will be responsible for managing an array of business-critical HR activities and designing and implementing HR policies and procedures.
What is expected:
- Proven ability to manage HR within a health sector environment.
- Experience in delivering effective change management
- A clear ability to develop HR policy and plans in line with a national vision and direction
- Prior experienced in employee relations or industrial relations
- Strong experience in dealing with unions
- Strong knowledge of HR policies & procedures
- In depth knowledge of employment legislations
- Prior experience in Data Protection (GDPR) and Health & Safety requirements
Responsibilities to include:
- Regulatory compliance – To coordinate the development and implantation, in consultation with the key stakeholders, national policies and guidelines in relation to HRM, GDPR and Health & Safety ensuring that they are fully compliant with legal and regulatory requirements and codes of practice/conduct
- Workforce Planning and Recruitment – to ensure the recruitment and development of high-calibre staff who will be active and creative in furthering the vision and achieving the aims of CCoI
- Liaise with the relevant Trade unions, and other appropriate bodies on matters which impact on the national organisation. Ensure that CCoI locally mirror the national position and deal with the Industrial Relations issues on a national scale.
- Change Management – to drive and support change within the organisation at all levels by actively collaborating with key change drivers at national and local level empowering them to drive change, share learning and encourage collaboration across the organisation
- Develop and implement effective Employee Relations/Industrial Relations strategies and programmes fostering positive staff engagement. Manage relationships with unions, investigate and resolve industrial relationship issues as well as handling complaints, managing Trust in Care and grievance procedures.
- Performance Management/Talent Acquisition/Workforce Planning, Staff Development, Support and Team Building – to manage the performance and accountability relationships within the organization, in conjunction with the Senior Management Team.
- Develop an overall talent management strategy, including performance management and development, workforce planning, training and development, succession planning and the recruitment and selection process.
- Ensure the provision of best HR practice within CCoI.
- Payroll Management, Staff Records, Information Technology and Data Protection
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- A relevant third level qualification in Human Resources (Essential).
- Experience working within the Healthcare sector (Essential).
- A minimum of 5 years consecutive experience in a senior HR role, within the last 5 years (Essential).
- A minimum of 3 years` experience in a leadership role (Essential)
- A thorough knowledge of current Irish and EU legislation relating to Employment Law. (Essential)
- Positive experience of negotiating with Unions and Staff and engaging with WRC and similar bodies (Essential)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of HIQA requirements and safeguarding requirements including Trust in Care (TIC) investigations (Essential)
- An appropriate level of expertise in Irish and EU data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR
Details of the Role:
Salary Scale: Grade 7 equivalent – Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Location: Head office in Kilcullen, County Kildare, attendance at other locations as appropriate.
Duration: Fulltime 40 hours – Permanent – Hybrid model